Valentine’s Day is less than a week away and I didn’t have one decoration up yet. So, at the last minute, I made this super cute 3 step Valentine’s Day Craft that didn’t cost a penny!
I had everything listed below on hand and didn’t need to spend any money to create this project and I bet you can too. If you don’t have chipboard letters then use stickers or print them on cardstock and cut them out yourself.
- 3 small wooden blocks
- Chipboard letters (not an affiliate link)
- 1 large and 1 small heart cutout. I used cookie cutters for the shapes and patterned paper for the background.
- Chalkboard paint, Elephant (not an affiliate link)
- Glue or some type of adhesive. I used this SuperTape from Therm-O-Web
Note: I ended up not using the wax or the hinges that are shown in the photo below.
I originally planned to attach the hinges you see in the photo but I decided it would be easier to store the blocks later if they were separate. Plus those hinges are for scrapbooking and designed to be attached with tiny little brads, not nails, so I was afraid they might be too delicate for how I wanted to use them.
- Paint all sides of the wooden blocks and let them dry.
- Cut out a couple hearts from patterned paper or use die-cuts you already have.
- Adhere the chipboard letters and hearts to the wooden blocks.
When I chose these blocks from my stash of wood I didn’t realize they were different sizes. But once I did, the difference is really very small and I kind of like the little step-down effect it has. What do you think?
I thought I would try something new today, I hope you like it!!
The other day I was printing a couple recipes and asked myself: “Why can’t I use my ZipList Recipe Plugin to create a crafting/DIY instruction sheet?” To answer that question, the only reason I can’t use the plugin is because it says ingredients and I think that’s a little
weird strange confusing because glue and chipboard letters aren’t really ingredients, they’re supplies, right? I tried to edit the form but there’s no way to change that word. Other than that it’s perfect.
Well, after sitting here staring at my computer thinking for a while, I decided to create my own PDF and offer it to you just as if it was a recipe. So, here is the first Krafty Owl DIY Instruction Sheet
I would love to know what you think about the instruction sheet and if you would like to see more of them. Please let me know and vote below!
Create your own user feedback survey
What is your favorite Valentine’s decoration this year?
Leave your reply in the comments or send me an email, I will personally read and reply to each message.
Click Here to see the great parties I will be linking up to.
I’m so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to follow the Krafty Owl with the link in the sidebar so you don’t miss a thing! Follow on: Facebook / RSS feed / Twitter and Pinterest. Share: if you found this helpful or inspiring please click one of the buttons below! Your support of the Krafty Owl is appreciated!
You may also be interested in:
- 5 Tips for a More Organized Workspace
- Send Some Happy Mail This Year
- 52 Week Savings Challenge
- 2017 Life Planner
- 10 Days of Free Printables
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- Mother’s Day DIY: Pretty Trinket Box and Tray Set - April 21, 2017
- The Ultimate Deviled Egg Guide! - April 5, 2017
- Are Your Photos Safe? 5 Tips and a Free Cheat Sheet! - April 3, 2017